See also: Medicine Under the Nazis
Back to top
- Better For All the World, by Harry Bruinius.
The Secret History of Forced Sterilization and America's Quest for Racial Purity.
- Building a Better Race, by Wendy Kline.
Gender, Sexuality, and Eugenics from the Turn of the Century to the Baby Boom.
- The Case against Perfection, by Michael J. Sandel.
Ethics in the Age of Genetic Engineering.
- A Century of Eugenics in America, edited by Paul A. Lombardo.
From the Indiana Experiment to the Human Genome Era.
- Choosing Children, by Jonathan Glover.
Genes, Disability, and Design.
- Defending the Master Race, by Jonathan Peter Spiro.
Conservation, Eugenics, and the Legacy of Madison Grant.
- Eugenic Nation, by Alexandra Stern.
Faults and Frontiers of Better Breeding in Modern America.
- Eugenics and the Welfare State: Norway, Sweden, Denmark, and Finland, edited by Gunnar Broberg and Nils Roll-Hansen.
The history, politics, and science of eugenics programs throughout Scandinavia.
- Eugenics: A Reassessment, by Richard Lynn.
Argues that the condemnation of eugenics went too far and that it needs reassessmet.
- From Darwin to Hitler, by Richard Weikart.
Evolutionary Ethics, Eugenics, and Racism in Germany.
- In Reckless Hands, by Victoria F. Nourse.
Skinner v. Oklahoma and the Near-Triumph of American Eugenics.
- In the Name of Eugenics, by Daniel J. Kevles.
Genetics and the Uses of Human Heredity.
- Liberal Eugenics, by Nicholas Agar.
In Defence of Human Enhancement.
- Margaret Sanger's Eugenic Legacy, by Angela Franks.
The Control of Female Fertility.
- The Nazi Connection, by Stefan Kühl.
Eugenics, American Racism, and German National Socialism.
- The Oxford Handbook of the History of Eugenics, edited by Alison Bashford and Philippa Levine.
This is the first world history of eugenics and an indispensable core text for both teaching and research.
- Preaching Eugenics, by Christine Rosen.
Religious Leaders and the American Eugenics Movement.
- Sex, Race, and Science, by Edward J. Larson.
Eugenics in the Deep South.
- Three Generations, No Imbeciles, by Paul A. Lombardo.
Eugenics, the Supreme Court, and Buck v. Bell.
- War Against the Weak, by Edwin Black.
Eugenics and America's Campaign to Create a Master Race.
Questions or Comments? Send an email to:
Copyright © The History in Review 2001 - 2018 All Rights Reserved